Plan Your Retirement with Our Unique Strategies
We normally work long-term on retirement strategies with our clients, but DNS is always pleased to work with newly registered clients as well on this very important aspect of personal wealth and tax planning.
Our retirement strategies involve long-term advice and planning. This includes the list of tips below. Of course, as said, retirement planning is best carried out long-term, but there are some great short-term strategies too. Get in touch to arrange free consultation.
- Regular blogs and newsletters related to business, tax- and retirement planning
- Regular tax planning meetings (normally annually, but as often as you require)
- Advice to ensure you are taking advantage of your full annual and lifetime pension allowance within your means
- Regular review to ensure you don’t exceed your lifetime allowance
- Full asset audits
- Advance tax planning in light of your right to withdraw and draw down your pension when you reach age 55 or pensionable age
- Advice on running a small self-administered scheme
- Advice on inheritance tax and pensions
Seven hot tips that help build effective retirement strategie
- Check that you make the most of your tax-free pensions allowance (£40,000 2017/18); carry forward from previous three tax years if appropriate
- Check that your savings allowance is being used up
- Pay a maximum into your workplace pension and the company pays the maximum pension contribution for you too
- Do you plan to hold on to your business for a few years after retirement and then sell, or do you have plans for some other sort of exit strategy? Plan well ahead to make the most of your business assets
- Make use of your annual capital gains tax allowance
- Remember to include your family members, start making gifts within the allowed amounts
- Accrue assets in spouse’s and children’s names where you can.
Checking your retirement investments annually is crucial. At DNS, each year, clients meet to discuss retirement strategies face to face, one to one with their account manager, in order to plan for the year ahead and the years ahead, so why not join them.
Contact us to find out how we can help you.